Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bitter Disappointment!

Me and My Kindle
After waiting weeks (or it seems like it) for my long awaited  anthology of horror stories to arrive,  it finally has.  BUT Ringing The Changes by Robert Aickman isn't in it!  Boo Hoo.  I can't believe it, I've read the contents page over and over.... but nope it's not there.  There are some really good stories in it however, so all is not lost, but now I'm back on the hunt for this elusive story.

The Woman in White has taken a turn, and it has been announced that Lady Glyde has died.  It is all a ruse however, and Anne Catherick is in fact the person who died, and Laura (Lady Glyde) was put into the asylum that Anne had previously escaped from.  Marian visits the asylum and recognises her sister at once.   I found this section a bit messy as there are narrations by the doctor, the woman who washes the dead body, and the housekeeper etc  But, now we're back with Walter Hartright who has met up with the ladies and is in hiding with them, and is investigating the history of Sir Percival Glyde in an effort to find out the secret that will destroy him.

In The Book of The Dead Maltravers has found a clue within the Attwater Firewitch story in the form of a series of numbers which prove to be the combination of Carrington's safe.  This leads to more suspects in the murder case, as anyone who has read this unpublished manuscript is now under suspicion.

Blomkvist has been shot at in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo which shows that he is getting closer to the truth in Harriet's disappearance.......

Phew - at the rate that I'm reading these books, along with a Fontana book of Ghost Stories I've been puddling through, I'll be finishing these all at the same time so need to line up my next set of reads... one on my Kindle is a must - thinking of The Lair of the White Worm by Bram Stoker

No comments:

Post a Comment